CHILL 2013 Warranty
CHILL offers a series of warranties that provide the flexibility to transfer the full or part value of your pass to the following year should you decide the snow conditions are not to your liking or if you obtain an injury early in the season.
The 2013 warranty policy is listed below, please read carefully. Please note, Licence to CHILL Passes are not refundable under any circumstances.
1. Without purchasing the 2013 Warranty Option, the value of your CHILL Season, 10, 7, and 5 Day Anytime Pass is non-transferable from one year to the next under any circumstances.
2. The price of the Warranty Option is
• $45 for individual CHILL Pass holders or $90 for a family on Season Pass and 10 Day Anytime Pass.
• $35 for individual pass holders or $70 for a family on 7 and 5 Day Anytime Pass.
• The Warranty Option fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
3. The Warranty Option is only available when purchased concurrently with your CHILL pass.
4. If you purchase a Warranty Option CHILL will transfer up to 100% of the price you paid for your CHILL Pass to the following season if:
a. you suffer an injury or sickness before 31 August 2013 which prevents your participation in skiing or snowboarding for the rest of the 2013 Season; or
b. you are not satisfied with the snow conditions for the 2013 season up to 10 July 2013.
5. If you make a warranty claim and CHILL accepts that claim, then the value of the claim is only available as a credit towards the purchase by you of a CHILL Pass at full cost for the 2014 season. In no circumstances will CHILL make any cash payment as a result of a warranty claim. The credit available as a result of an accepted warranty claim in 2013 is only available for the 2014 season and is not transferable from the purchaser of the Warranty Option to any other person.
6. No warranty claims for snow conditions may be made after 10 July 2013.
7. If you need to claim against your Warranty Option for sickness or injury, CHILL must receive your written request within 5 days after you suffer an injury or sickness which prevents your participation in skiing or snowboarding for the rest of the 2013 Season. No warranty claims for sickness or injury may be made after 31 August 2013.
8. When presenting your claim you must provide a covering letter of explanation and 2013 CHILL Pass. With a sickness or injury claim provide a medical certificate detailing the date of the first medical treatment and prognosis, also stating that you are unable to ski or board, and the length of time the illness or injury will prevent participation. Receipt of doctor’s visit is not accepted as medical certificate.
9. When a warranty claim is made the claimant ceases to have any right to use the 2013 CHILL Pass.
10. The value of the credit available for the 2014 season if a warranty claim is accepted is determined by the number of days you have used your CHILL Pass at the time of making your warranty claim. The calculation will be as follows.
a. CHILL will assume that the full value of your CHILL Pass represents 14 days use
b. The value of the credit available is reduced proportionately by the number of days that you have used the CHILL Pass before making a warranty claim as shown in the following example.
c. e.g., if you have used your CHILL Pass 2 days the value by pro-rata is 12/14 (= 6/7 of value of pass).
d. The value of the credit is 100% of the price you paid for your 2013 CHILL Pass multiplied by the proportion of the price calculated on the basis set out in clause 10.
For example, if you paid $905 (GST inclusive) for your pass and used your CHILL Pass for 2 days before making a warranty claim that was accepted, the credit available to you for the 2014 season will be:
$905 multiplied by 12/14 equals $775.71.
Credit available $775.71.
11. All 2013 Warranty Options are valid for the 2014 winter season. If the Warranty Option is not taken in the 2014 season the Warranty Option expires.
12. All warranty claims are subject to CHILL’s discretion and approval – CHILL’s interpretation of the above conditions is final.